i have a question...

Sunday, June 6, 2010

I am a Pop Culture Genius: vol. XIII, the Saturday Morning edition

Does anyone remember TNBC?

Every Saturday morning, NBC would run scintillating half-hour comedies geared towards young teens. Illustrious programs like Saved by the Bell, California Dreams, Hang Time, and City Guys.

It is because of these shows that Anthony Anderson (of Law & Order fame) and Jay Hernandez (of Crazy/Beautiful and Hostel fame), who have certainly established themselves as legitimate actors, will always be known to me as "those guys from Hang Time."

Also, Rufio's brother was on City Guys.

My lovely ex-roommate is sharing her Netflix account with me, and I have wasted most of the weekend rewatching The Hills Seasons 1 and 2 on Instant Watch.

Finally, today, I decided to move on to more quality programming and watched a couple episodes of Weeds because I have heard consistently great things about it.

I recognized an actress from this show in the second episode:



Michelle Krusiec played Sui, the Asian One, who, if I remember right, was a bit of a ditzy shopaholic.

On Weeds, she played the tennis pro who is sleeping with (the fantastic) Elizabeth Perkins's character's husband and sticks a racket up his butt during sex.

Moving up in the acting world, for sure.

P.S. I guarantee the One World theme song will now be stuck in your head.

No comments: