i have a question...

Monday, June 14, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes (and Adults, Yelling at the Wii)

Spending large quantities of time with a 3 1/2 year old boy is pretty great. Especially when he says things like this:

"I look like Obama!," admiring himself in the mirror.

"I am a bad guy robot."

"You be a pirate. I'll be a bear."

"You be a pirate. I'll be a dragon."

"You be a giant alligator. I'll be a giant tiger."

"Stay calm!," with his hand up to stop me from asking him to identify so many colors.

"Naptime!," his answer to my question, "What day is it?"

"Cacamaya poopoo," his go-to bad word.

"10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20!," proudly counting by tens.

"What rhymes with...pumpkin?," stumping me, as we played with rhyming words.

Some other choice quotes from one evening of playing Wii, that will probably only be amusing to those of us who were there:

"Suck my ass-bite, sugar shots."

"I'm stuck on the very ceiling!"

"Where's my SUIT?! I just lick everybody."

"Who took off their condom on their joystick?"

(A long interchange around the ingestion of personalized M&Ms)
D: "I'm gonna eat me right now. That's the only time I can do it."
A: "No, just do yoga!"
H: "In your dreams!"
D: "I feel like I would faint cuz I'd be upside down."
A: "'I can't breathe!'"
D: "I'd pass out. I'd be so embarrassed!"

"I get horny from the spiky men. I mean, sweaty!"

"She's getting sweaty from the horny men!"

During a long weekend of partying every single day, it's these simple, sweet moments that shall always stay with me.

2 comments:

MeredithDuck said...

I was going to say Lumpkin rhymed with pumpkin. I know it as a street name in Hamtramck, Michigan. But then when I thought I'd be all smart and google search to see if it had an actual meaning....don't do it.

Annie said...

hahahah, noted.
i mean, bumpkin rhymes with pumpkin. but still.