i have a question...

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Overheard in the Classroom (or Kids These Days), vol. VII

"I'm Beyonce."--a special ed student, while preparing tableaux of his favorite film, aptly titled Obsessed. Indeed.

"Life makes no sense sometimes."--my favorite student, the philosopher and poet, and playboy. I told him I wanted to talk to him about this someday, but that it wasn't relevant to the stage combat unit we're working on.

"Is that God?"--a special ed student's legitimate question, while I introduced them to the origins of Greek theatre, including the god, Dionysus.

"Remember. Anything you need I'll be there for you."--my most affable special ed student who insisted today that she is a good storyteller. Which is true.

This was both a short week and a strange week. I was a little under the weather on Monday, struggled through Tuesday without my mentor teacher, had Wednesday off, had something flicked at me in class yesterday, and got through today pretty unscathed...

Glad it's the weekend and S is here!

2 comments:

Mel said...

I LOVE these.

Keep it up!

Annie said...

thanks, mel!