i have a question...

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It Is Hibernation Weather Up in this Mother

I think the weather is getting to people. It's certainly getting to me.

For those who are not in the Northeast, you should kiss the dry, probably warm ground under your feet and send some sunshiney vibes this way.

We've been suffering through the wettest March in history or some shit. Three days straight of rain less than 2 weeks ago. Followed by three straight days of rain due to end tomorrow.

It's the kind of weather that makes it really hard to leave your bed, let alone travel to a train station, walk to a high school and teach three classes.

The kids are crazy. I'm crazy. My landlord pumping inches of water out of our basement is crazy.

Everyone is crazy.

Including the woman I passed on the corner, walking home from the train station just now, who was visibly upset and squawking into her cellphone something about how she paid to get on a train.

I caught her eye as I passed, and she paused to yell at me, totally unassuming with my earphones in.

"What are you looking at?!"

Yeah.

Sunshine needs to arrive soon before people really turn on each other.

2 comments:

Jude said...

Wow, you just made Chicago look good - and with weather, that's not easy.

Thinking warm thoughts for you!

Annie said...

Jude, it doesn't help that this is my OWN mid-semester funk...but yeah, this weather is crap.