i have a question...

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Getting Better with Age

I've been meaning to do a monster picture post about the men in celebrity land that just keep getting better with age. There are a whole slew of them, and this is, by no means, an exhaustive list.

Let's begin, in order of importance from least to most.

First, there's Patrick Dempsey. He, of Can't Buy Me Love and Grey's Anatomy fame. I am not, strictly, a McDreamy fan, but you cannot deny that he looks better these days than ever before. Of course, this picture may be proving that he's gotten some work done, but still...


Next, Sting. Again, not someone I'm a huge fan of, but Kama Sutra, or whatever he's famously into is doing wonders...
Exhibit A, Sting, some years ago:


And Exhibit B, Sting today:


OK, now, Johnny Depp has always been a beautiful, beautiful man. Let's just pause to appreciate him for a moment, shall we?
During his 21 Jump Street years:


And today:


And, finally, Iron Man, himself.
In less healthy days:


And, these days:

Staying clean looks good on him, doesn't it?

Admittedly, this is a test of my photo posting skills. Bear with as I continue to learn...

Enjoy the Sunday eye candy! Oh, and if I've happened to forget anyone you think is important to this pantheon, let me know!

UPDATE: Shout-outs must be made to cj, who wants Sean Connery on this list. See him then and now. And S, who says Matt LeBlanc is an up-and-comer. See him here.

P.S. S called this the Silver Fox post. Well put.

P.P.S. One more addition, thanks to Catt. Bruce Wills, then and now.

10 comments:

cj Schlottman said...

Thanks for the show! I would add Sean Connery, which, of course, ages me. But what the hell? He got sexier after he went bald. We sixty-somethings are still into eye candy a much as you darlings.

Fun Post:-)

Annie said...

i would agree with that, cj. thanks for the comment, as always!!

Mel said...

I don't know about Sean Connery, guys. In Goldfinger with that rug on his chest, he never fails to make me swoon.

Although he is still lovely. It's all about the voice with Sean, and that voice just gets better and better.

Annie said...

cj DID say he got sexier after he was bald, which i may have to agree wit!

catherine said...

How did George Clooney not make this list?!

Annie said...

catt, george clooney didn't make the list because he's starting to look so craggy. and i am not a fan of his too-long hair. his prime was circa ER and Out of Sight...

catherine said...

When you're right you're right. And Annie, you are right.

Rachiewrites said...

I think Leo is getting better with age, too, and not only looking, but acting. My two cents.

B. Incomparable said...

My husband totally has a thing for Robert Downey Jr. The biggest crush ever. He loves him young and old, clean and sadly even not-clean. He loves the stubble. I said to him: "Aaron, you'd be one of those girls that dates all the WRONG men!" He looked chagrined but nodded, admitting that RDJ's mugshot is "one of the sexiest things I've ever seen".

OBVIOUSLY we're both psyched that the gentleman is clean and healthy, but for Aaron I think there's a little bit of something suprememly sttractive about the darkness and the redemption.

We also both have sean connery on that "list" that couples have. Its understood.

Annie said...

B., I love this. Thanks for the comment :)