i have a question...

Friday, March 5, 2010

Overheard in the Classroom (or Kids These Days), vol. V

What a strange, long week it's been. I began solo teaching my 8th graders and my special ed group. It's been a mad rollercoaster but has gone mostly smoothly, which I'm excited about.

"Martini on the rocks, no ice."--a very committed intro student's request in a short scene. He said it with such conviction.

"Because I'm a Cancer, I have to ask this. Because it's theatre...what will the girls be like?"--the same intro student, inquiring about the pool of ladies that would be present at a high school theatre festival.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You're too kind."--a special ed student's remarks as she bowed after her presentation.

"I don't even remember how to use this."--an intro student's comment as he attempted to use a manual pencil sharpener.

"I don't have girlfriends. I have affiliations."--the same intro student who asked about the girl situation at the high school fest. He is swiftly becoming my favorite student...

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I'M OBSESSED. From now on, I will order ALL of my drinks on the rocks, no ice...and see what hilarity ensues! ;)

Annie said...

YES!!!

Alison said...

OMG. "I don't have girlfriends. I have affiliations." LOVE THIS KID!

Annie said...

Exactly.