i have a question...

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Define "Normal" by blog swapper, Greg Epstein

BLOG SWAP!!!
I participated in the 7th Blog Swap at 20-Something Bloggers, and they paired me with Greg Epstein at Check Ya Self! I'm featured on his blog too. Check out the link at the end of the post!


For the record, I'm typing this at 2:51 am. I walked in the door at 2:45. Win.

So my job basically has me run ragged around Hollywood, so I will have to be lame and resort to the provided "blogswap" topic. But since this is me typing, the answer will be nothing short of ridiculous.

"The Best Thing About Being A Blogger." How obligatory. That's like asking 'whats the best part about consensual sex.' I could write you a thesis on that one.

There really is only one good thing about blogging in regard to myself. It is good enough, however, to keep me doing it. I am, admittedly, not normal. The things that process through my mind are both hilarious and somewhat alarming. I'm smart enough to have actual intellectual ideas, yet just crazy enough to never be capable of taking things seriously. There are some thoughts that, should I say them out loud, would get me smacked, scoffed at, or institutionalized. Now if only I had a place where I could say them, and suffer no immediate damage whatsoever...

An example:

So I'm sitting in my car, stuck in LA as usual, when I see a guy in a car next to me sneeze. Sneezing sucks, right? Nobody likes to do it. It's not attractive, doesn't feel good, and always puts Atheists in an uncomfortable response position. When you think about it, all viral bodily reactions are negative. Coughing, sneezing, the good old powerhour puke-and-rally, they all SUCK. Hell, I don't even need to elaborate how much STD's blow. But logically, why does every single reaction need to be so negative? Why couldn't there be ONE 'disease' where the side effect is bomb as hell? Just one viral bug running around that actually makes you a pseudo-superhero. "Aw damn, caught transpareothritis, guess I can see through walls this week."

Can you imagine that? Put it in this context. Think back to the last time you lived in a dorm, and a building-wide epidemic broke out. Remember all the running noses and wheezing? Now imagine instead, everyone could shoot web out of their hands. Best thing ever? No, someone already made the Rick Astley Greatest Hits album. But second best thing ever? You bet.

Yes, that's a typical thought in my mind. And a blog is the only place where it could ever belong.

***

Read my post on Greg's blog at Check Ya Self Before Ya Wreck Ya Self.

1 comment:

Ella Unread said...

" Sneezing sucks, right? Nobody likes to do it. It's not attractive, doesn't feel good, and always puts Atheists in an uncomfortable response position." OMG! I am still laughing :P