i have a question...

Friday, December 2, 2011

Overheard at Work, vol. XXVI

Well, THIS week flew by! By the time it was Wednesday, I was so thrown off that I thought it was still Tuesday. I am very happy it's the weekend, but I have a feeling the rest of this year is going to go by in a flash.

"Swongdong. It means pickled brain in Chinese."--11-year-old boy. Except I'm pretty sure that word doesn't mean anything in Chinese.

Later that afternoon, the same kid asked outloud, "Where's my bag?" and when he noticed it next to him, he said, "There you are, you little scamp!"

Me [helping a kid with his homework]: I don't know the answer.
9-year-old boy: Me neither! Oh my god! It's like we're sisters!

"My dad lives in a single-family home, but he acts very, very homeless."--a 12-year-old girl, after explaining that we didn't want to know where her father had found her beanie.

No comments: