i have a question...

Friday, December 23, 2011

Overheard at Work, vol. XXIX

So.

That was a crazy week/month/year of work.

Yes, it is true. When we all return to work in JANUARY(!), it will have been a whole year that I have been there.

My brain is fried, my body is thrashed, my sinuses are clogged, my chest is burning, and I am HOPING that I do not end up feeling sicker with my vacation mere hours away.

And, now, for the last time in 2011:

"You can't eat in here."--me, to a kid, while eating a pear. WHOOPS!

"I want some facial hair. That's all I want for Christmas."--a 15-year-old, and may all his Christmas wishes come true.

Same 15-year-old: Where can I find more tape?
Me: Upstairs in the copy room.
[minutes later, he returns with tape.]
Me: See? I told you you'd find some in there!
Him: You didn't help me at all. I had to ask Wendy!
Me: What do you mean? I said, it would be in the copy room!
Him: But you didn't tell me where!
Me: You mean, you walked into the room and didn't see tape? So you asked someone else? You expected to see, like, a pile of tape in the corner?

"Santa's creepy."--a 10-year-old during our holiday party

"WHERE'S SANTA?!?! SHOW YOURSELF!!!!"--Lateral Lisp Kid

"How come last year Santa was white and this year he's black?"--8-year-old
"Maybe there's a team of Santas!"--Me
"Maybe he got a dark tan!"--8-year-old

I am taking a wee blogging break this week, as I'm traveling to LA to be with family.

Depending on how eventful that is, you might not hear from me until the very end of the year.

Happy holidays!

No comments: