i have a question...

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Overheard at Work, vol. LXV

Goddamn.

What a week.

This was February vacation week, which meant that we were open from 8:30 to 5:30 every day.

I felt remarkably good about this week until today, when I opened at 8:30 AM and then found out that we were down seven staff members. I spent most of my day covering the music room and oversaw a spontaneous dance party, complete with dancing the Bronx Wine and the Harlem Shake and twerking.

After sleeping around 6 hours two nights in a row, I am ready for some downtime and my only plan for the weekend is getting a haircut on Sunday.

Colleague A: I don't understand what a hipster is. But I don't understand what most things are.

Colleague B, in response to my question of if she'd seen Lincoln: I don't like movies.

7 year old girl, to me: We're playing Teacher. Can you be the teacher?

Me, singing Ne-Yo's "Let Me Love You": Girl, let me love you, baby!
Colleague C: I'll love you long time.

8-year-old boy, at the culmination of discussing how he had to give up singing and dancing for religious reasons: A lady saw my future. I'm gonna be a man who goes to different countries and talks to people about God.

14-year-old boy, filling time during Karaoke, singing: We shall overcome!

No comments: