i have a question...

Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Day of Contentment and Gratitude

It snowed today.

I had plans to have lunch with my cousin early afternoon and when I left my house to catch the bus, it was snowing.

I left with plenty of time to make it if I walked, and so I decided to, realizing even as I started to walk, that by not taking the bus I would have some time to call my brother.

I called him and left a message, assuming he was working, which he was.

Then, I kept walking and thinking...I am grateful to my lovely boss, so I texted her.

I am grateful to my friend whom I have not seen in over a year.

So I texted him.

I am grateful to my cousins, who are my friends as well as my family.

So I texted them.

I am grateful to my lovely roommate.

So I texted her.

I spent the 30 or so minutes, strolling in the snow, to reach out to people and thank them for their friendship and love. I was so overwhelmed by their text responses, sharing the sentiment, that I had to stop on my walk to wipe tears away.

My cousin and I then spent a 2 1/2 hour lunch, drinking and eating and catching up.

We hurried back to her house, where her boisterous, curious, hilarious kid got dropped off and I spent the evening with them, hearing stories about robots and getting kisses from her peanut butter mouth.

Then, I went home and got laundry done and caught up with my roommate.

Then I found this, and my day of contentment and gratitude was complete.



Live your life, live your life, live your life.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Just wanted to say I love the name of your blog! And you have an awesome writing style :)

xo,
Jamie

http://www.inspirationlush.com/

Annie said...

Thanks, Jamie!