i have a question...

Friday, February 17, 2012

Overheard at Work, vol. XXXVI

I honestly can't figure out why these weeks have been so long and have been wearing me out so much. More than once this week, I realized all I needed was a drink and it was...ahem...before 3 PM.

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!

10 year old girl: Who knows beaches?
Me: Like, the movie?
[Blank stares]
10 year old girl: Beatriz.

9 year old boy, walking through halls: RATED MATURE! BAD LANGUAGE CAUSES BIG VIOLENCE!

12 year old girl, as we discussed how long it would take her to digest the gum she threatened to swallow: Some people say it's 7 years. I've heard 8 and 6...I think this gum myth has...gone awry.

9 year old girl: Annie, are you married?
Me: Nope.
Girl: [gasp]

Texts received from 12 year old mentee:
Tell me if this sounds like a date: I was thinking as friends to go to the movies and see project x me u and someone else

11 year old, in the heat of a game: Call 991!

Little kid #1: Eenie meenie miney moe.
Little kid #2: Catch it by the tiger oh.

And, as we played hangman, and I explained that I had helped him figure out what clue he wanted to play and there were no other players, a 7 year old said, "Oh yeah, I gotta get a friend."

Too cute.

No comments: