i have a question...

Friday, January 28, 2011

Overheard at Work, vol. IV

"I like that wintertime look you've got going. You could be an author in a book."--a teen to one of my colleagues who has grown a full beard.

"I won't yuck your yum."--my new philosophy, courtesy of a 10-year-old girl, determined not to offend my colleague, after she was offered dried cranberries to try but didn't like them.

"We're going to get together and share our core areas...that sounds dirty."--me, describing a Thai food lunch date I had with the Athletics Director. His core area is athletics. Get it?

"Why is Mariah Carey on your desk?"--me,again. She wasn't really. It was just her perfume and lotion set.

"Having intercourse."--a 10-year-old girl's answer to my question "What are you doing?" during the game of the same name, in which the first person starts miming an action, the second enters the space and asks the first "What are you doing?" and has to begin miming the action that is stated. I didn't oblige.

"You remind me of my grandfather."--my supervisor to a colleague, after he insisted she check the weather again.

"She really needs it because you can really tell when she's acting."--a 11-year-old's statement about why her friend should attend drama.

"My socks matter."--same 11-year-old, stating what she tells her mom when her clothes get picked out.

"I call him Picky-picky. His name's really Tom."--a girl talking to me about her cat. (This one's for Chuckee D.)

No comments: