i have a question...

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Job, vol. XIIII: the This Week is Flying edition

I can't believe it's already Thursday! It will be fall before we know it.

Some good things that have happened this week:
Doing exercises in tableaux in my class on Tuesday, one of my students exited the room saying, "I love this class...it's just so fun!"
During my seminar on dialects yesterday, one of my residents who attended it said, "Annie, I've learned more in this hour than I have the entire time I've been here."
Yesterday was a short day because my seminar was over before lunch and I had the night off, during which I sang some mean karaoke.
I've been taking some amazing naps lately.

Some strange things that have happened this week:
During an activity I ran, taking a group of students to Walgreens, the fire alarm in the store went off and we were stuck in a downpour. It was one of those moments where I question what on earth I'm doing here.
I came up after dorm activity today to take a nap and remembered 30 minutes later that I had left my water bottle and backpack outside. I never do things like that.

My trip this weekend is to Brown University, which I don't believe I've ever seen. I absolutely cannot believe another week is nearly over.

No comments: