i have a question...

Friday, February 1, 2008

newsy news

Here is a brief but thorough update of recent happenings in my California life:

1. I have officially lost 10 pounds since the doctor I went to in August told me to.
2. I have also recently joined the gym.
3. I have postponed trying to find a day job, in anticipation of the serious projects on my horizon: mostly dialect coaching My Fair Lady.
4. I recently interviewed for a director position at the theater--I would be in charge of running the Academy of Creative Theater production class, which is a 10-week class for 20 kids, ages 6-16, culminating in a 2-weekend run at the end of the summer. I proposed working on The Little Prince, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and The Little Princess.
5. I also expressed interest in teaching one or more of the conservatory classes at the theater this summer.
6. Tech for the play I'm dialect coaching right now starts tomorrow. I have yet to figure out if I'm needed there.
7. I've become an unofficial TA in the musical theater classes my mother is running--grades 2-4 are working on "Ding! Dong! The Witch is Dead," and grades 6-8 are working on the theme song from Fame.

No comments: