i have a question...

Monday, February 18, 2008

I am a Pop Culture Genius, Vol. VI: The Deadwood Edition

This weekend, K came to visit and brought the entire first season of Deadwood. Aside from being one of the best acted and written series I've seen in a long time, it was pretty much a jackpot for use of my useless trivia. I think every male character actor that anyone has ever had a hard time placing makes an appearance in the series.

I recognized the actor playing Dan as Warren from There's Something about Mary; a tiny cameo by the guy who played the superintendent on Friends; another tiny cameo by the guy who played Joey Potter's dad on Dawson's Creek; a two-episode plotline featured Veronica Mars herself; the dad from Boy Meets World plays Alma's father in a couple episodes; and this guy is all over the place, but I still always recognize him from Square One TV. Anyone else remember THAT show?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just watched the episode with Joey's dad last week. Jesus, friend, you're a pop culture trivia genius... I wouldn't recognize that man if I passed him on the street and he looked me in the eyes and said, "I played Joey Potter's father in season one of Dawson's Creek."