i have a question...

Thursday, February 21, 2008

AI Top 24: Ladies

I wasn't particularly blown away by anyone tonight. And yet, here are the ladies' performances, in order of my preference:

Syesha Mercado--up until her last note or two, "Tobacco Road" was fun and consistent. I didn't cringe during it, at least.
Carly Smithson--is a very close 2nd, with "The Shadow of Your Smile."
Alexandrea Lushington--surprised me with "What Goes Up." She seemed confident and sang well, despite obvious illness.
Alaina Whitaker--also blasted through us not knowing her at all from auditions with a very solid "More Today than Yesterday."
Ramiele Malubay's "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me" was not as good as I wanted it to be.
Asia'H Epperson sang "Piece of my Heart" with confidence but something about how she pronounced the words irked me, and she struck me as potentially inconsistent.
Brooke White is lovely and did a fine "Happy Together."
Amanda Overmeyer sticks out like a sore thumb, but I hope we see more of her, after her odd but on-pitch "Baby, Please Don't Go."
Joanne Borgella is beautiful and I wanted her to bust out, but her "Say a Little Prayer" left me unmoved.
Another three-way tie for last place with Kristy Lee Cook's "Rescue Me," which was sung solidly but unimpressively, Kady Malloy's horribly flat "Groovy Kind of Love," and Amy Davis's disastrous "Where the Boys Are." In fact, I left the room during Amy's song...

My predictions for eliminations are Kady, Amy (although she might get votes for being pretty), Jason, and Garrett.

No comments: