i have a question...

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Overheard at Work, vol. LXII

A full week and a half back from our long break, and we're all settling back into the routine. I have been remarkably productive since my return from vacation, which I attribute to feeling rejuvenated and my 2-year work anniversary having come and gone.

Time flies when you're having fun.

While leading an impromptu hangman game with a room of 8 and 9 year olds, I eventually called on the kids to give me clues for the rest of the group to guess. This was after I chose Madonna as a famous person clue and no one in the room knew who she was. (#281928 my work makes me feel old.) I called a 9-year-old boy up to give me a clue that "everyone would know," and his first choice was: "The Color Purple."

Teen girl: Annie, is that a pretzel necklace?
Me: Yes!
Girl: You're so fresh!

A group of teen boys razzed their friend as he left the club in just a sweatshirt one cold night.
18-year-old boy, in sweatshirt: I just won't go to school tomorrow, if I get sick.
Teen friend: This guy doesn't go to school when his eye itches.

Colleague, wearily: I should have been a weatherman.

No comments: