i have a question...

Friday, December 14, 2012

Overheard at Work, vol. LXI

Two special events down, one to go.

Last week, my colleague, some of our teens, and I presented at a mid-point convening for our art-social justice program. Tonight, ten musical acts performed for the entire club, and I am so proud and relieved and thrilled and moved at how it went, I could cry.

Wednesday is our annual Holiday Party, including the debut of my play program's show, "Fractured Fairy Tales." I will be happy to get through the next few days of work and be on vacation for an unprecedented 12 days at the end of this year.

My supervisor, while discussing banana milk: I thought they milked bananas. *insert vulgar gesture here*

12-year-old boy: Ladies are really impatient these days!
12-year-old girl: You just noticed that?

Same 12-year-old boy: My shoulder cost like $800. I'm a robot.

And, while showing me his video games magazine, and a picture of the Revolutionary War: This was the old times, with George Bush.

8-year-old girl, summarizing the book she had just read: The cat in the hat. He holds too much stuff!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, good for you that the performance went well - sounds like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.