i have a question...

Friday, November 11, 2011

Overheard at Work, vol. XXIII

This is an abbreviated post because I spent Wednesday at home sick in bed and Thursday and Friday at a community arts educators conference which finishes up tomorrow afternoon...

"Can you tell Nicholas to stop chasing us? He's trying to hump us!"--an unexpected plea from an 8-year-old boy.

Me to our intern: Do you listen to music while you work?
Him: Not usually.
Me: Nothing lyric-heavy...
Him: Like jazz?
Me: Yeah, or Enya.
Him: Oh, that's in the movie Gladiator, right?
Me: [laughing] I was about to tell you I did my math teacher to that music.
[Disclaimer: I MEANT MATH HOMEWORK!]

"I bet you looked like Chips and Poncho!"--my colleague, imagining our art teacher blowing his hair out. I died. She meant Ponch.

"Grinding is nothing new."--a guest hip-hop artist, after his amazing keynote speech about teenagers, answering a question from the audience of community educators, "What is grinding all about anyway?"

No comments: