i have a question...

Monday, September 27, 2010

As My Brother Would Say, Gimme Job!

What I'm finding, in drastic contrast to my job hunting experience after graduating from undergrad, which seriously gave me PTSD, is that...sometimes interviews are fun.

I keep surprising myself with all the experiences from which I draw evocative anecdotes and thoughtful answers.

I just get to sit in a room with someone in my field, who understands the importance of arts in education, and talk about why I'm so passionate about it and why I think it's so essential.

It's not really any less nerve-racking but it's certainly more satisfying.

And, if I sit back and think about how much experience I really have in this field, it adds up to almost ten years.

Crazy.

Also, sometimes what I'm asked to do is play games with eight-year-olds and run around dance studios, pretending to be popcorn and trash cans.

So, you know, that's pretty cool too, I guess.

No comments: