i have a question...

Friday, January 29, 2010

Overheard in a Classroom, vol. I

"You can have my heart."--said many times to me by one of my Special Ed kids, but I promise, not in a creepy way.

"As God is my witness, I will dance on that stage one day."--one of my 8th graders after we saw In the Heights.

"Vait, I av a booger."--one of my 8th graders doing something inappropriate with a paintbrush, in a French accent.

"What are you doing?"--me checking in about one of my Special Ed kids getting some work done;
"Nothing!"--her very frank response.

"I wanna isskay."--one of the seniors using Pig Latin (is it making a comeback I'm unaware of?) to express her desire to work on the romantic part of their play.

"When I grow up, I want to be in shape...not like her."--snarky comment I overheard by one of my Special Ed kids, and in reference to me. (Yeah, THAT was a good day.)

To be continued...

P.S. This is my 400th post. Woot!

No comments: