i have a question...

Monday, December 29, 2008

Best of 2008

It's time for the 2nd annual, [clever title] Best Of List!

Unfortunately, my wireless internet connection is down at my apartment, so I've been squatting at the local wifi cafe, spending money on food, so I can feel better about sitting here for hours. Last year, I was able to write this list on New Year's Eve. Not sure what I'll be doing that day, so I thought I'd get this done while I know I have time.

MOVIES
Iron Man
Wall-E
Be Kind Rewind
Pineapple Express
Doubt
Slumdog Millionaire

(I can't believe I didn't see Tropic Thunder, Quantum of Solace, The Wackness, and Rachel Getting Married.)

BOOKS
sTori Telling by Tori Spelling
Downtown Owl by Chuck Klosterman
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl

MUSIC, this year, I've included some of my favorite music videos(!)
Funhouse by Pink
We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. by Jason Mraz
The Odd Couple by Gnarls Barkley
Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends by Coldplay
"Chasing Pavements" from 19, by Adele
"Warwick Avenue" from Rockferry, by Duffy
"4 Minutes" from Hard Candy, by Madonna
"In Love with a Girl" from Gavin DeGraw, by Gavin DeGraw
"Single Ladies" from I Am...Sasha Fierce, by Beyonce
"Housewife" from Unknown, by Jay Brannan
"Winter Song" from The Hotel Cafe Presents Winter Songs, by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson

Unfortunately, I was unable to see ANY New York theater this year...but the travesty of me missing out on seeing The Seagull with Kristin Scott Thomas and Peter Sarsgaard will be made up for when I see In the Heights AND August: Osage County in January.

Thank you all for your continued loyal readership, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Stay tuned next year for
Exciting new grad school developments
News from my summer job
Adventures in Boston and beyond...

4 comments:

Meanza said...

is sTori Telling really good? I've heard good things? but I'm skeptical.

Annie said...

who are you? and also, yes, it's great. i posted about how i read it in two days and sobbed at the end. totally worth a read.

Meanza said...

I'm Jeff.

And now I remember your post about it.

Meanza.

Love you!

Annie said...

i adore that you're commenting on my blog. and i adore you.