i have a question...

Friday, July 4, 2014

Overheard at Work, vol. CII

The last few weeks have been a pretty insane whirlwind of end-of-school year events, my 31derful (tip of the hat to S for coining that phrase years ago) birthday weekend, staff training week, and the first week of our summer program, which also happened to align with Beyonce and Jay Z coming to Boston and me staying out until 1:30 AM on a work night.

Needless to say, I'm very grateful for this three-day weekend, and my Circadian rhythm is very confused with these new hours.

7-year-old boy: What's your favorite animal?
Me: Probably a dog.
Boy: Velociraptor.

8-year-old boy: I told you my farts would smell worse!

8-year-old boy, to me: You're a wild strawberry!

Me, regarding a painting: Is this a jellyfish with a hat?
10-year-old girl: Yes.
Me: Why?
Girl: Because it's like you, funny!

8-year-old girl: Do we have any more furry balls?
Colleague A: FURRY BALLS?!...No. We don't have any more pom poms.

No comments: