i have a question...

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Just Write {8}

So I've technically been on self-assigned bed rest since I got back to town. Cancelled my plans, haven't done chores, stayed home from work.

I've watched a lot of TV and cocooned myself in my bed with Netflix and my Hangman app.

I've been consciously eating balanced meals and hydrating myself with both water and Gatorade.

And trying not to feel ridiculously guilty that I've missed so much work.

I was determined that yesterday would be my last sick day, got tons of laundry done and even ventured to have lunch with H.

That did not serve me, as I ended up dizzy and nauseous by the end of the day.

So, frustrated and begrudgingly, I took today off too and am about to watch my third movie of the day.

This concussion has been immersion therapy in patience and tending to myself, regardless of obligation, appointment, or expectation.

Luckily, my brain and body are finally feeling better, and I am planning on heading back to work tomorrow, where I will force myself to sit, eat, and drink as much as humanly possible.

Wish me luck.

No comments: