i have a question...

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Just Write {1}

Courtesy of Extraordinary Ordinary's exercise Just Write, here goes my first installment.

Tonight was our Thanksgiving Family Night at work, which means I spent my evening encouraging kids to decorate leaves to add to our ThanksGIVING tree.

One very creative 7-year-old decided he didn't want to make a leaf detailing what he was thankful for, when I first asked him, but on second thought ended up writing many: Pizza, Turkey, Legos, Holidays, Christmas.

It was hilarious.

Last month's Family Night, which was Halloween, I cleaned up spilled pumpkin soup all night.

This time, I talked to parents, kept an eye on the leaf-making and ended up eating a pretty satisfying and traditional Thanksgiving meal.

I won't be having one on Thanksgiving proper, so I was glad to have gotten some turkey, stuffing, potatoes, green beans, and pie out of my work day.

On Thursday, my cousin and I will be indulging in a hodge podge meal of lobster, stuffing, brussel sprouts, and brownies.

I am so excited.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: