i have a question...

Friday, May 10, 2013

Overheard at Work, vol. LXXIV

All I want after this week is to run away for a weekend, hide in a hotel in a town I've never been, turn my phone off, and have quiet time.

I didn't expect it to be such a breakneck-speed week AT ALL, and that's the hardest kind of week to get through. The unexpectedly busy one.

It was a week of long meetings, frantic phone calls, catching up on paper work, planning final projects, and one special event.

Fewf.

My 11-year-old twin wrote a story this week:
"The Amazing Life of Annie Kee"
(In yellow marker) On a warm summer day, Annie likes to cuddle with friends.
(In green marker) On a cool winter night, Annie likes to sing Christmas songs.
(In red marker) On a warm spring day, Annie loves to sing Backstreet Boys.
(In purple marker) On cold falls, Annie likes to eat chow mein.

Me, commenting on a colleague's relationship status: I don't think he's ready for marriage.
11-year-old girl: I'm not either.

11-year-old girl: I don't want to turn 12! I want to be 11-teen.

9-year-old boy, as I made faces at him on the bus: You look like you're getting beat up by an elephant...You look like you're beating up an elephant...Just with your face...Strong enough to fight a lion!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I work in a psychiatry office, I really wish I was allowed to share some of the things I hear....

Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

Annie said...

Oh my God. That just made me laugh SO HARD!