i have a question...

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Job, 2nd edition, vol. XIV (Movin' Out)

My bags are packed. I'm ready to go.
I'm standing here...

Just kidding.

But, really. My bags are packed. (Someone should write a scientific equation that involves < and > signs about the difference in time it takes to pack FOR a trip than FROM a trip.)

This week was definitely the most intense of the summer in terms of work.

Not only were we organizing final projects and final evaluations and closing out all our books and making sure everything was copied and in order, but we had to move out of our offices.

Friday alone involved morning observations, afternoon meetings, running Drama Cafe until dinner, working at the Main Event and roaming until 11 and then roaming part of the overnight shift until 1 AM.

Saturday was spent doing data entry until noon and then packing and organizing about 100 boxes of course supplies until 3:30.

Then, last night, I spent three hours eating and NOT drinking at the staff dinner and four hours DRINKING (straight from a Prosecco bottle because I'm classy like that) and dancing at the after party.

Then I ran to a 24-hour store for popcorn and candy and Vitamin Water and passed out around 2:30 AM. Woke up every hour from 6:30 til 9:30, then got up because I figured I was probably missing something important.

I'm heading out to brunch soon with two of my colleagues. Checking out first, which freaks me out. Then, waiting around to watch everyone leave until around 2 PM when I'll catch my own ride.

Home by 5 PM, if all goes well.

And totally in denial about it all.

No comments: