i have a question...

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Half-Ton Post

I feel like I've been meditating for five days. I actually caught myself NOT THINKING several times while in Chapel Hill.

J is a magnificent and easy-going host. (Love you!) As soon as I was collected from the airport, we ended up at a brunch party on an unusually warm day. I gorged myself on grits and eggs and pancakes and OJ and then promptly took an hour and a half long nap, with the loud birds chirping outside. I kept not knowing where I was, but in the best way ever. That night J cooked and we watched a movie and then passed out. Sunday wasn't much different--there was a big UNC basketball game, so J and I went to the movies instead and then ate leftover hot dogs and coleslaw.

Monday, I joined him at work and actually got some stuff done myself, then explored Franklin Street in search of food and read outside for a while. Then we spent the evening eating Swedish meatballs and salad and playing Celebrity with some colleagues of his. Yesterday, I veritably did the same thing. I got fed great food, watched a couple great movies and a really bad one, slept a lot, had some good laughs, sang some. It was a rejuvenating break, even though my flight today was cancelled and I got rebooked on a much later one. (Come to think of it, I think I paid a fee when buying my tickets that protected me if anything changed in my itinerary, so I was automatically rebooked with no hassle. I highly recommend paying that fee!)

I survived both flights fine, even though I wasn't sure how'd they'd go, in light of my recent peaked anxieties. And when I got off the plane tonight, on the mucky ground and smelled the Boston air again, I couldn't help but think how nice it was to be home.

No comments: