i have a question...

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Overheard at Work, vol. LVIII

Sorry it's been so long.

Last week sucked, as we endured a hurricane, a funeral, and a funeral reception at work. We're all kind of crawling out of that funk of a week slowly.

This week, we enjoyed an Aerosmith concert down the street and the reelection of a President who will keep our business running because he supports the middle-class, non-profits, the arts, and immigrants.

Fewf.

Me, about and to an 8-year-old boy: I love him and I hate him.
Him: Same here!

And, after we moved him to work alone because he was being disruptive: Gosh! People these days!

8-year-old boy, every time I touch him: It hurts as hard as I can remember...I'm very delicate. I'm like a skeleton.
(Mind you, I do super annoying things like stick my finger in his ears. So I don't blame him for crying wolf.)

12-year-old girl: I do my best work at the last minute.
Me: You're a super procrastinator?
Her: I'm really good at it!

Colleague, after my other colleague and I had an in-depth conversation sotto voce: Women...are really good...at whispering.

No comments: